Saturday, December 20, 2008

PSA? Nah, Just Speaking My Mind.

Pin It Now!

Its 5 more days until Christmas. Everyone is taken care of, but who looked out for me? I know I'm too old for the whole Christmas thing, but it would be nice if someone said hey Kwan, here's something for you lol.

I been doing Christmas for myself since I was like 16. My mom was always working, so I learned to be independent very fast and very young. I knew she wasn't going to buy me a pair of $125 sneakers. Or even pay $50 for a new video game. That's how most parents are for my age group. When they were my age, converses were the shit with " jeans". My pops told me numerous times that the price I paid for sneakers, he could buy a whole outfit with back in the day.

But I never faulted my mom or got angry. She gave me what I needed. Food and shelter. I took care of the rest. I could never be mad at her for that.

When I was younger, I used to get mad because I didn't get as much gifts as my cousins, but as I got older, I saw the bigger picture. At least I'm getting a warm meal and shelter, while those people who used to watch me take the j in the morning to school are outside opening doors at Popeyes on Christmas Day asking for change.

Now as this year comes, I'm just going to treat myself and hope others are happy with what I have gave them. Ill take my breath of life and thank God for letting me live.

0 comments: