Thursday, December 18, 2008

Interview with Patrone

Pin It Now!



Patrone is a rapper out of West Palm Beach, Florida. He is 19, and he is definitely someone who can have a future in the industry. He is innovative for his age and I definitely have to give it to him. I wish I was this focused at 19. I got the chance to interview him today.

1. How do you feel about the current state of hip-hop?

Currently I feel like everything is getting repetitive especially topic wise. For example if I turn on the radio 7 out of 10 rap songs will sound the same difference is whose spitting it. Now don't get me wrong I don't mind listening to 'gangster' rap but at what point does a rapper say "I think I need to change the subject"?

2. As technology is getting better everyday, a lot of music is going digital. Do you think this is good or bad for hip-hop?

As a rapper who does everything from promotion, collaborating, finding beats and other useful things for myself I think it is great. It also gets your songs heard quicker. There is always that thought that says why buy if you can download an album free. You can quote me on this I have never downloaded any album from any rapper. I put myself in their position if I put in work on an album I want people to buy it, not download or burn it and pass it around. So at the end of the day real fans will buy the album.


3. I hear that you're an avid gamer. What is your favorite game right now?

My favorite game right now would have to be Little Big Planet. I know people think its a child's game but honestly no child can create half the things I've seen online. Its brilliant how people can think it and than create it and watch it appear before their eyes. There's not many chances in life itself you can do that let alone a game.


4. How did you get the name patrone?

My name was actually given to me by my Friend/Mentor. He said the way I would lay a verse sounded like I was running things like a boss, which is what it means in spanish. So for those who think I got it from the liquor I didn't , I had this name since I was 15 and I found out sometime afterwards there was a drink called "Patron".


5. I know you are originally from Brooklyn, but moved to West Palm Beach. I don't know much about West Palm, so tell me how life is out there?

Life out here is boring but than again when you come from a big city like NYC to a place that isn't known nor awake 24/7 like NY is there is some drastic changes. For one to do anything you need a car unless you like walking miles in the sun. The way people around my age dress is so distasteful, for instance black rebooks with white knee high socks some giruad shorts a tanktop tunked into the boxers and a gold grill. I don't see how that's style I see that as being ignorant to the people who have to see that.


6. I see that you are a sneakerhead. What is your favorite sneaker this year?

My favorite would have to be the Jordan retro 13's, but my favorite color way for it was the french blue/grey/white.


7. What are your plans for 2009?

The plans are to drop my first mixtape, start putting out some videos, more promotion, more creative topics. Right now I just want to be heard I'm not worried about being the nicest I just want people to bump my tracks and give me some feedback. So for those who are wondering when will the mixtape drop I'd say sometime around march.

You can hear Patrone's music at Myspace.com/patroneiau

0 comments: