Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Checkpoint Chronicles 1

Pin It Now!

So I'm at work, and I'm having a good day. One hour left. Sweet right? Its a Saturday, I got paid, and I'm tryin to see what's poppin for the night.

I'm talking with my coworkers, when my homie 'chelle calls me over to check a bag. I explain to her that it is not a bag check and explain to her the rule. My supervisor, being the Dan Akroyd looking prick he is, tells me to check the bag anyway. I'm like, for what? There's nothing to check. He's trying to pull rank on me in front of people and I walk away from his bitch ass.

About 40 minutes later, work is done. He's giving us the speech we get every night on what's going on, and he tells me to wait after everyone else is leaving. He's like when I say do something do it. In my mind I'm like muthafucka you aint my parents, but instead of saying that, I walk away from this prick because I know the consequences of doing that.

I get on the train to go home and I'm thinking its a dead issue. I get to work the next day, and around 5 pm, they tell me I'm wanted in the office. I'm like what did I do now, because on the job I'm known as one of the guys who stays in the office for some shit. Bad enough this other supervisor tries to throw shit in my face about that and hold it over my head!!!

So I get in the office, and I'm putting two and two together before I get there. This bitch-ass prick waited till the next day to bring it up to management. That's some real punk-ass shit.
I try to call my homie 'chelle to explain to my manager what happened and to be on standby in case I need her to vouch for me.

I go into the office and my manager looks upset. Tells me to close the door. She's like get off the phone. Asks me what happens. She tells me the supervisors are a reflection on her and that if I come in this office again, she will do everything in her power to get me fired by the holidays. DAMN!

That's harsh. She lets me know she's requesting for a suspension for insubordination. So I walk out with one goal: keep this job until things get better because until then this is better than nothing.....

0 comments: