Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dollarz Interview Part 1

Pin It Now!


Dollarz is another rapper out of Queens who is up and coming. I got a chance to interview him and see what his opinions on the game are. He has a lot of wisdom, so this is only part one of the interview

1 . How do you feel about the state off the rap game?


I feel there is no state. The game is done. Its like rock and roll. One format. Its all auto-tune. Don't call it rap, call it auto-tune.

2. How do you feel about music going digital?

Its a good thing, but its not selling because everything is free. As soon as a song comes out, its downloadable. How niggas gonna go platinum and gold? You don't see the white artists shit on the internet though for free, its on itunes. No one is selling big numbers in the end though. When's the last time someone went diamond? When's the last time you seen someone buy a cd or even the bootleg. Why pay 5-12 dollars when you could limewire it for free?

3. Where do you see yourself musicwise in 2009?

Hopefully me and my niggas take it over, but honestly I'm discouraged because there's too much bullshit and consigning. Why new york don't show no love? When's the last time someone really came out of new york? Fuck this mixtape shit and freestlyes. Its not doing anything. Shit is crazy. Only time will tell. Rap may not be here in 5 years. Everyones gonna be singing on the autotune looking like rockstars piercing everything. We are living in crazy times. I already know I'm creative and have to take it to another level.


4. What is your take on the recession?

There's still many ways to get money. Just find a way. Do what your good at and make your money. This world is too big for niggas not to get money. 09 is gonna be a good year for the block and for me..


5. What do you mean by death before dishonor?

The word speaks for itself. You would die before you disrespect your niggas or your girl. Its loyalty. Actions speak louder than words. For me, I aint disloyal to anybody. Its death before that...

6. With all that's going on, what do you really think killed hip-hop?

Hating. Beef. That whole aspect because hate overpowers love right now and its fucked up. For real. Hate and nothing else. Disloyalty. If someone puts me on, I'm stickin with them because they brought me out and showed me love. I'm not gonna switch sides when shits looking better. Never that. I can't speak for no one else, but if I fucks with you, I'm not gonna switch sides. Wherever I go, you go.

7. You have a crazy internet buzz right now. What do you think is the cause of that?

The music speaks for itslef. People love the music, the team, and the producers. And ima good dude in my personal life, but you don't want to get on my bad side. At the same time the internet killed the game. On some g shit, I'm not even looking for a deal because the odds are scarce for 09. No ones selling so these labels aren't trying to bring anyone in. You gotta be independent, go digital to sell. But if you go platinum and gold now its a bigger deal because of all the downloading on the internet. Shit is changing. The world is changing. You gotta be about your money because it makes the world go round.

Part 2 coming soon..

0 comments: