Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Its Cold, And Not Just Outside

Pin It Now!

So I'm thinking to myself Christmas is coming. The time you waited for all year. The first real break from school, mad gifts, and grandmas cake and sweet potato pie. Yessss!

Well, its been a couple years since I've been in the Christmas spirit. All happy and giddy. Full of smiles. You know....

I was the kid, like most of yall who couldn't sleep on christmas eve. Even now, I still can't sleep. But being that most of my life I was alone to myself, I lost intrest early in the whole Christmas thing.

I vividly remember the first time my mother told me no. I was a young boy who wanted to do something more than go to school, do my homework, and play video games. I wanted a real hobby. I wanted to play the piano like my cousin was doing. I knew from that moment I was going to have to do for me. Forever. My mom was all I had at that age and I thought for her to tell me no, and its no one else to turn to, I had to do me.

So we fast forward to 2008 and here I am doing for me. I pay my rent and my little bills and get what I can. I make sure I am taken care of. I'm not gonna sit here and say I haven't received help, but for the most part I am am my only option. My go to guy.

So this christmas, I'm going to be doing what I've been doing for the past couple of years, keeping to myself and being my only option.

0 comments: