Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Interview With S. Elle of NYSD

Pin It Now!


Boysandclothes.com by NYSD is one of the best blogspots I have come across in months. The girls in general are definitely putting up great posts and I frequent the website on a daily basis. Today I got the chance to interview one of the members of NYSD, S.Elle. 

1. How long has NYSD been together? How did you ladies link up and form this conglomerate? Tell me what its about...


NYSD is bigger than just a blog. We're actually 3 friends that go way back. We were all writing and posting blogs on our respective myspace pages and Tee decided to make our blogger account. It took us sometime to find our niche as NY Style Diary, but eventually we did. After a while we felt that the blog world was becoming saturated with "fashion" blogs and the copy and paste formula, we wanted to do something that couldn't be copied, thus emerged boysandclothes.com

2. Boysandclothes.com is a great success. I like the website. What do you ladies think about when you post what you post?

Life is the main inspiration behind boysandclothes.com. During our hiatus from nystylediary.com we all grew as adults, taking the time out to pursue different ventures and realizing how much we learned about life and especially love. Boysandclothes.com is us writing from our experiences. There are things to make you laugh and some things that makes you want to say "Damn."

3. Your posts on boysandclothes titled "The Life and Times of S. Elle" is something I frequently read. It is very interesting. What inspired you to post these blogs?

My crazy ass love life!

4. With all that's going on in music, who do you like listening to? If you could compose your own mixtape, what would you have on it?

Well, as of right now, I am so sick of everything on the radio. Lately I've been taking it back and being outside the box. Im listening to everything from Santogold to Mickey Factz to Jay (gotta have some Hov in my life) to the Isley Brothers to Issac Hayes. I couldn't compose a mixtape, I need a playlist...I listen to too much shit!

5. I know for a fact that you draw. What is your favorite piece of art?

I don't have a favorite piece, I have a favorite time period. I absolutely love the Impressionism Era.

6. The holidays are here. What is your ideal gift to get?

I want a fly ass winter coat! A fabulous mink...oooo yeaaaa!

7. Where do you see NYSD in 2009?

All over the muthafuckin world! Holla!

You can check S.Elle out at:

myspace.com/all_day_sha  

twitter.com/mainshain

boysandclothes.com