Monday, December 22, 2008

Interview With PR Part 1

Pin It Now!


PR is one of the best artists out of Queens. His sound and his music is something that you need to hear if you haven't heard it already. His team, Blockwork, is composed of some of the best in  NY and even ATL. He has been a student of the game most definitelty. In part 1 of this interview, you will get a glimpse of what he is about.

1. How did u get the name PR?

I got it when I was young. I wasn't too fond of it because I never wanted to be looked at as pretty and it just stuck when I started doing music.

2. How long have you been rappin for?

Since 89-90. I grew up around it. My uncle had a studio so i was always around, and that's how I was introduced to it. 

3. How you feel about rap going digital?

More publicity, and it gives me a chance to put out new music as soon as its mixed down. I go home and put it on myspace.

4. You say you're from the Boulevard of Broken Dreams. What does that mean?

I grew up around a lot of people with dreams, but they are either broken by jail or death. For example Mikey D. He tought LL everything he knew, and he's still in the hood. A whole lot of my niggas is either dead or locked up chasing money and a better lifestyle.

5. Where do you see your crew in 2009?

Different places doing different things. More organized, making real moves. No more confusion, basically evolving. The only thing left is up.

6. How do you feel about rappers that portray an image they don't live or never seen?

I don't care about it, because its not affectin me. What I rap is real, and a lot of people could vouch for that or relate to it because they know the story. I never talk about anything I never did, shit is real.

7. What is your upcoming album called? Who do you have producing for it? Who are you collaborating with?

Its a double disc. Heartbreak Kid/ Cocaine Cowboy. That's my life right now. As far as production goes, I got myself (bojangles that's my producer name), beater, and KL. I'm keeping it in-house. With collaborations, dollarz and ms keyz, but I'm not too sure about ms keyz just yet.

8. Some people say your grind and your sound is similar to 50's before he got signed to shady. What do you have to say about that?

My grind is different, I don't have the pieces 50 had, but who knows what tommorow will bring. One day you with this dude, the next day you're not, its crazy. Reemz, KL and Beater is loyal dudes though. They here whenever, goood or bad. As far as the sound goes, I take that as a compliment because I'm hungry.

Part 2 of the interview coming soon...

You can check out PR at www.myspace.com/getriterick

0 comments: