Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Announcement Regarding My Music

Pin It Now!



To some this may be random, to some it may be a shock, to some it may be another meaningless thing I say, to some it may make you say it is about time: I have come to the decision of working on me as an artist. The reason is because I feel I need to finally put myself first. A lot of hot songs have come out because of my production and I don't feel the love is what it is supposed to be. So I am sticking to my core. My core knows who they are, so they are good. A lot of my music I record gets looked over on a constant by my peers, dj's, and others and I am sick of it. I am honestly a bit frustrated about some things, but no one ever me handed me anything in life without me earning it. Its time I show people I'm just as good an artist as my peers are. Although I don't compete, I do know I am capable of doing so. I still will not compete, but just know that my greatness will not be proclaimed and promoted by me. The announcement won't be a big deal to anyone but me. No one cares. Everyone has a blog and a Twitter and a Myspace Facebook or whatever now, so things are not taken as serious as they should be if youre not popular and have a following of people who will publicize your every move on the internet. This is not a tirade or a caps lock filled blog, this is how I feel and I am sticking to it. Im glad I am showing maturity as well writing this because had this been a year or two ago, I would have went on a profanity laced tirade and been visibly upset along with violent. But upset I am not. I just know what has to be done and could care less about anyone's feelings now. The real people will stand out and stick with me, and the fake will be forgotten.

Honestly, music upsets me at times. There is no reason another state should be showing me more love than my state. I am very appreciative that I can reach other states, but I would expect my city to show love first. I have shows, and even my closest people don't show up. I go out to other people's events, and when I have something, they are nowhere to be found. That is in general. Parties, shows, whatever. I get that general text that says come out and have a good time with us, but when I send you a text like that its annoying. Come on. Please. If you can do it, why cant I? This is just a glimpse of the things that irk me and kind of upset me though. The rest will be revealed at the right time. Peace.

2 comments:

Kwan your attitude determines your altitude..your a talented brother and for me personally its been a honor to work with someone so dedicated..get it in homie you neec anything from me you already know..My Pain Purple..What it is Kwan Lee..

The Overtime Concert Series is now booking for upcoming shows. Please forward your myspace url, performance footage that we can review to booking@overtimeconcert.com.
To learn more about us, visit www.overtimeconcert.com
we will evaluate this info and get back to you in a timely manner.

regards
Overtime