Monday, October 5, 2009

Interview With Ayvii Armada

Pin It Now!



Ayvii Armada is a photographer, music a&r, and a music journalist. She has interviews with a lot of up and coming artists and models in the music and fashion industries respectively. I had the great opportunity of interviewing her...



1. When did you get into journalism and photography?
Ayvii: Last year I realized how many connects I had accumulated over years of working in the music industry, so started my photography company. This year I decided it would be a great business move to combine my photography with Journalism and the rest just flowed.

2. What was your first interview?
Ayvii: My first interview was with Super Model Miguel Perdomo. He's one of the lead campaign models for Sean John and also a really great friend of mine.

3. For all of the people who are getting into photography, what equipment do you use to take pictures and what software do you use to touch up pictures? What did you start out with?
Ayvii: Well I use digital cameras with high resolutions, Nikon's, and cannons. As for re-touching I use PS4 only. I always started out with photoshop, its the best when picture editing skin and lighting.

4. What is your favorite interview and why?
Ayvii: My favorite interview so far was Cinematic/Epic Records Recording Artist Smoke Dza because I liked hearing about him talk about how great it is to get high ha ha

5. What is the worst interview you have conducted?
Ayvii: I actually haven't had and bad interviews. I'm thankful for all of them, and everyone is always so cooperative

6. Any advice for anyone getting into journalism and/or photography?
Ayvii: I'd say practice makes perfect, and when working in the arts, it all has 2 come from the heart!

7. What are a few interesting things that people don't know about you?
Ayvii: Well actually I started off as a rapper since 2002, but I loved to write more than anything. So eventually I became an AnR for 5 years working with Major Labels and Independent. I also did TV commercials because I was also a model for four years.

8. If you weren't doing photography and journalism what would you be doing?
Ayvii: I would def. Be in law school. I studied law for 5 years and part of me is still considering taking it up as a profession.

9. What are your plans for 2010?
Ayvii: I def. Plan on helping out unsigned hype and furthering my photography company and journalism website. I'm always open to meet new people with creative ideas to work with!

You can catch more of Ayvii on: Twitter Myspace and Her Website

1 comments:

Wow i didnt kno Ayvii Rapped... thats crazy what you learn about ppl wen u sit down and talk to them.