Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WOW.

Pin It Now!



I have not been doing any personal blogs in a while because I have been busy doing music, and all the other things I do. Or at least try to do. Today I uploaded Purple Pain to That Crack's website, just to get it out you know? Then when I got home, I decided to check the numbers. 1,164 downloads in less than 24 hours, and that brings the project close to 2,000 total. I had to wipe my eyes and refresh the page! I could not believe it. I'm still in denial lol! I actually cried a few hours ago because of this personal success. It is crazy to me, and I don't feel that the road has even officially started yet...

I never really anticipated much in my life because I was always told I cant for the most part. I got shot down when it came to a lot of my "dreams", and when it came to music especially. Music was the only thing I felt I was at least halfway decent at. I tried basketball and realized the closest I'd get to playing alongside NBA superstars was creating myself in the video games. So, I channeled my energy into music. I thank my pops for introducing me to the people who put me on about how to make beats without having expensive equipment or a keyboard. I don't know how I became good at it. I also thank my mother for allowing me to have a relationship with my father even though he was not there when I was younger for me at all. If it wasn't for them, I would not be here making music. I would also like to thank my grandmother because she helped me keep my head up when I was down, and still does to this day. Everyone who supported is important to me, but these 3 are my integral pieces.

Just looking at this situation makes me glad that I have humbled myself and continue to do so. I have a few kinks and flaws to work out still, but I am glad that I carry myself the way I do. I have no reason to change because being myself is working. I feel I went from being worried about "being the man" to being a man. I feel I went from someone who was laughed at to someone you can laugh with. Music has made me grow up and look at life differently. There are still some things I cannot grasp and will make mistakes or react in a way I shouldn't at the time, but I am still learning how to deal with issues, my anger, and people who do not want to see someone prosper. I have came a very long way with my anger though in so little time. I used to think that life was from Broadway to Ralph Ave., and that the only news that mattered was what was going on where I physically was. Music played a very big part in reassuring me that was not the case, as well as help me deal with my anger and issues I encounter. I thank God for giving me this gift that I still cant believe has been given to me, of all people. I will remain to be appreciative and humble. Thank you all.

0 comments: