Monday, October 26, 2009

Some Of The Realest Words I Ever Heard

Pin It Now!

"I warn you, I am just beginning! If there is in your hearts a vestige
of love for your country, love for humanity, love for justice, listen
carefully... I know that the regime will try to suppress the truth by
all possible means; I know that there will be a conspiracy to bury me in
oblivion. But my voice will not be stifled – it will rise from my
breast even when I feel most alone, and my heart will give it all the
fire that callous cowards deny it... Condemn me. It does not matter.
History will absolve me." -Fidel Castro

Those are some of the realest words I have ever heard and now one of my
favorite quotes. That's how I feel with hip-hop. It has been dumbed down
and watered down to the point where it makes me upset when garbage slips
through the cracks. Then when something different comes along, it is
ridiculed and laughed at. No I'm not talking about skinny jeans and
bright colors. I'm talking about music with a message. I'm sick of me
and my people getting shot down, and I'm taking my measures to get
respected. I'm not laying out the battleplan to yall, so yall could copy
it make a few changes and say it was you who started it. You will see
when everyone else sees.
--kawaanlee

0 comments: