Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Music Part Is Easy To Me. Getting Yall Support Is Not.

Pin It Now!

I made a comment last night on twitter that I am the illest mc/ producer
with no concrete fanbase. I'm sticking to that. Honestly I'm sick of not
being heard because I know the music is dope. I've been on the radio in
Cali and I've been at valid venues performing but other than my peers
I'm performing with who is there? I've had shows where people can come
out and pay no cover charge, get in the spot for free, and I still get
no love. I don't talk about anything I don't do because I'm not no CB4
type dude. I'm not a cat that be in the street selling drugs or shooting
at people. I got a job. I get respect from those people living that life
though because they respect the fact that I'm admitting it. I can only
talk about things I've seen and things I go through on a song. I can't
make up a story about how I was a big time drug dealer making money and
now I make music. I can't talk about shooting someone because he
disrespected me or my girl. I haven't done it and I probably never will.
But even if I did, I wouldn't put that out there. That shit is dumb to
me. The thing that irks me an really pisses me off though is that the
people who believe that false hype won't even look twice at my shit
until I'm validated by a website or a person who "knows" good music. XXL
Magazine shot This Charming Mixtape down and I think its dope. Vibe made
a bullshit ass list of what they considered the greatest rappers and
people ran with that. But because I'm not mentioned on those websites or
World Star, I aint shit. HA! I'm not on anyones website, and I refuse to
pay to get on one. Fuck that shit. I tried to keep from cursing but this
shit fustrates me. Support my shit just like you support them niggas
lyin on records shit. I'm sick of seeing and hearing garbage music
played and displayed. Everytime I go somewhere and I have no support, I
think I'm being lied to. From everyone. If you really like my music like
you say you do, why don't you support it and spread the word? I know its
dope and you claim that it is too. Answer that. Send an email to
kwanlee@kwanlee.net and I will definitely post it up here.
Kwan Lee

0 comments: