Saturday, January 17, 2009

Notorious Review

Pin It Now!

I just came home from seeing Notorious. Yes, everybody and their moms was there as I expected. It was a good turn out for hip-hop. I wish albums could be supported like this though.

I'm glad nothing really broke out where I was either. The cops were there and of course there's always that rowdy bunch of dudes in North Faces or Marmots trying to be extra tough for an audience screaming soo-woop or whatever hood they from.

As far as the movie goes, it was pretty solid. I liked the fact that it was a plain and simple biography. Shout to the homie Elus for having a cameo in the movie by the way!
The movie focused on Big and that was cool. While a lot of true hip-hop fans wanted an intricate detail of the story we know and heard, the movie did a great job on focusing on Big.

Gravy did his thing playing Big. All the actors did a great job playing their part. Have to give it to Angela Basset for playing Ms. Wallace. She did a great job even down to the accent.

Go watch this movie, get the dvd or blu-ray when it drops, and get that soundtrack.

0 comments: