Thursday, January 29, 2009

Interview With Devvon Terrell

Pin It Now!



I know I've been focusing to rappers on the website, but I got singers on deck too. I finally got the chance to interview Devvon Terrell. He is a talented singer from Brooklyn, NY. His myspace is www.myspace.com/devdaceleb. We chopped it up for a few and this is what i got.....

1. How long have you been singing?

I ve been singing for about 12 years which is crazy come to think about it.

2. How do you feel about the state of R&B?

I feel that RnB has changed dramitically, if you really listen to RnB music nowadays it has this 80’s feel to it, and I feel like to create RnB music your creativity has to be at an all time high. Competing with incredible writers like Ne-Yo and The Dream. I like where RnB Currently is.

3. With all that's going on, where do you see r&b in a couple of
years from now?

No one can ever answer that question because someone always develops a new kind of sound, so honestly the only thing I can say is that it can only change not get better or worse.

4. How do you feel about music going digital? Is it good or bad for
r&b?

Its good and bad that music has gone digital because obviously its so easy to pirate music which completely can destroy album sales and killed single sales. We have become a ringtone society its crazy how its changed.

5. I hear rappers getting singed left and right from being heard online
but I haven't really heard much about singers. How do you feel about that? Is trying to get signed on the r&b level just like rap? I go to shows and I don't see singers much unless they're singing on a rappers hook. I don't really know much about the r&b aspect of underground. Fill me in...

Seriously getting signed as an RnB artist or Rapper is difficult, but being signed as a rap artist is definetly a lot harder. Most rappers nowadays have to have a hot single on the radio from some big DJ promoting them to get signed. No one seems to buy any street dudes mixtapes any more,unless you lil wayne or somebody people already relate to.

6. I know you have a video on youtube and the buzz for it is crazy. What are your plans for it?

Yea that’s that “Bedrock” lol From my Delhi college upstate, Chi, And Mr.Smacc. Its from my production company Called Glasz House. My Delhi peeps and I enjoyed making that. We actually really pushing for a college tour since the song had so much success, so we made a video for other schools to see what we were willing to bring to there school. A good time you know lol.

7. What are your plans for 2009?

For 2009 im just working on my upcoming album entiled “Till This Point” which is written produced and arranged all by me, I defintely want to make some major noise this year but it takes time lol.

We will hear more from Dev..........

1 comments:

I met Devvon and he is very talented. I cant wait for him to finish his album so we are waiting.