Thursday, April 23, 2009

Interview With Frank Ramz

Pin It Now!


I recently caught up with Frank Ramz on AIM and asked him a couple of questions. I like the homie's music and I had to feature him on the site.... 

Here is the interview (via AIM): 

1. Your newest mixtape falling up was supposed to drop on the 30th. Why did you drop it early?

Frank Ramz: i was only holding it that long to try and get other blogs to post it & help promote it before it came out. but i just said f*ck it, released it early. sh!t, it's my music!!

2. I see in the past few weeks you have had a couple of joints on allhiphop.com as the heater of the day. How do you feel about the reveiws you have received?

Frank Ramz: the reviews have been great and it feels good to finally get credit for something i've been doing for over ten years. to me, it's very humbling and overwhelming and it also makes me want to go harder.

3. I have falling up in my iPod. My favortie songs are superhuman, I got to get it, dr scholls soul and bad luck. What are yours and why?

Frank Ramz: i honestly don't have a favorite song at all, it all depends on my mood at that time. but if it was a life or death situation in which i had to chose, im chosing 'Tired Of You'. it was a reality check in which i spoke to myself one day and basically kept it real with myself

4. When will you be releasing your next project?

Frank Ramz: dont have an exact date for it, but the recording for it will start in May.so it will be sometime after that, maybe June or July. 
so it's safe to say it'll be released in the summer.

5. With all that's going on right now in rap (50 & Rick Ross Beef, Funkmaster Flex not playing any Interscope artists on his set, DJ's in general getting exposed for payola and being required to play new music, etc) how do you think this will affect us up and coming artists?

Frank Ramz: as a artist, especially being on the up and up, you can't let anything affect you. regardless of whats going on in the 'mainstream' world of hip hop you can still independently do your thing. 
so ultimately, it really doesn't affect us

6. How do you feel about websites charging artists to get onto their website? Do you think it is fair and why?

Frank Ramz: i mean, its always been that why. before websites it was dj's and having to pay to get on their mixtapes. unless your sh!t is just undeniably hot or you know someone or you're established. other then that, you always had to pay, that isnt new. so on that note, ima say its fair. i'm not paying for a damn thing tho

7. What are your plans once you get a record deal as far as putting your team out?

Frank Ramz: im not really thinking about a record deal. like i just said on one of the previous questions, im going to just keep doing my thing independently, building up a buzz and my brand for solo. honestly, my team is bullsh!tting in my opinion. i love them dudes to death and will do anything for them, but i'll do something for them once i start seeing them seriously do something for themselves, but ultimately, if i get ON, they'll be ON with me.

8. What would you be doing if you werent making music?

Frank Ramz: school. doing the typical thing and working just to get by. my grades were always good so that wouldnt of been much of a problem

9. Last question, Where do you see yourself at the end of 2009?

Frank Ramz: buzz way bigger, which is already happening. all over the net. getting paid for doing what i love basically...

You can catch more of Frank Ramz at:

www.frankramz.com

welcometomedusaville.blogspot.com


0 comments: