Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fuck The Industry, No. Fuck Your Industry!

Pin It Now!

As most people know, I am trying to get "on". But what do you define on
as? Most people define on as getting money and being on BET and MTV all
day. I used to be that way until I started to learn the game. A lot of
these people we bump on our iPods don't have their paper right. Its all
a facade. Half of the people who listen to rappers talk about bitches
hoes money and clothes never have and never will live that life. Then
when someone tries to come along and relate to their lifestyle they
knock it.
I find a lot of the imagery stupid. How you have on a big chain and
can't walk with it outside on your block because you think, no YOU KNOW,
you will get robbed and they will either pawn your shit or rock it in
pride so someone can turn right around and rob them? How u talking about
maseratis and bentleys when the closest you've been to one is at the car
show pushing people out the way just to be two feet close to something
the company won't let you touch there? Answer that for me please....
This brings me to the whole fuck your industry thing. Why do I say that?
Because the industry you glorify the hell out of is only the cover to a
book that most people think has one page. What does that one page
consist of to you? Get money, get hoes, talk about how you used to
hustle, rep the hood (don't even get me started on that), and be a "real
g" (DEFINITELY DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT!). Oh yeah forgot a couple
of things. Never snitch, have a baby momma, make it rain, and boast
about how you do it all. If you think this is the book, then you are a
headphone prisoner. Don't you know most things are rented in them
videos? The chains be molsenite (dunno if I spelled that right), and
those girls get paid and would probally never give your favorite rapper
the time of day if he wasn't in a position to expose them or wasn't
rapping and had a regular 9 to 5? I can't really talk about the female
aspect because I don't know much about that. Think these rappers care?
Nah, they love you. And all the people just like you. So like I said,
FUCK YOUR INDUSTRY!
If I am fortunate enough to be heard, I will change things. I'm not for
it. I'm going to follow Elus's 60/40 rule and live life comfortably. Not
lavishly.
Kwan Lee

0 comments: