Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The MTA Is Buggin!!!

Pin It Now!

So I'm at work getting ready to leave and I see the news on. Just got word that the MTA is increasing fares again. Like 2 dollars wasn't already enough....

Here are the rates:
One way fare: $2.50
One week unlimited: $31.00
One month unlimited: $103.00

I don't remember the exact numbers for toll, lirr, and the express bus, but I know they went up as well...

I'm thinking to myself, why all these increases? I thought public transit was for reducing pollution in the air. It seems like I'm polluting their pockets with money. Things are not getting beter. Milk is $4.00, bread is almost $5.00, cigarettes and beer have turned into luxury, its real crazy out here. Let's not even talk about rent....

The average American my age is living check by check. And imagine if they have kids. Along with living on their own. Its hard out here for us and we are the richest country in the world.

People swim for days and walk through deserts just to experience the "land of opportunity." Its not the 80's anymore. The game is over. Wall Street has been knocked down with a financial sledgehammer, and instead of us having flying cars like the movies that came out when we were kids portrayed, it is looking more like the wasteland in Mad Max everyday.

Plain and simple people. SMH

0 comments: