Friday, April 2, 2010

Why I Need A Manager....

Pin It Now!

Ok, so even though I do everything for my career practically myself, I need a manager. Why? Because having a manager makes me look more professional and is a connection to actually get further than I am now. I played around with the idea, but I'm looking around me now and I need one. All my peers who suceed have management. Even the ones who's music is not as dope as mine. Although I am the man with no machine, a manager makes the puzzle more complete.

If I had a manager, I'd still be hands-on with everything, but I'd be able to get a lot more done as far as the artist side. A LOT MORE. I'd be right there with some of my peers. It looks better when a manager sends music and takes care of booking and stuff instead of the artist. I know. I have a radio show as well lol.

But in all seriousness, I need a manager. Its not even a want anymore. And I want a manager who's looking out for my best interest. So I've came up with five reasons why I need a manager.

1. I need to get radio interviews. The real ones.
2. I need to be recognized more for the work I've put in.
3. I need to rock more shows. I've been off the open mic circuit for a while, but with everything else I do, me performing is a rarity.... (Wonder why.....)
4. I need a barganing tool when it comes to some things. The words talk to my manager can go a long way.
5. It can open more doors than I can open by my self.

Now: 5 reasons I would be a great person to manage.

1. I do everything myself.
2. I take initiative.
3. I don't have an image to uphold because I am myself.
4. You won't have to invest money into me because I invest my time and money into myself more than anything.
5. I make great music (rapping or producing)

Honestly though, management is that next step for me, but before I take that next step I have to make sure it is the right direction. I can't have a manager that has an album coming out or 30 people they manage other than me. I need results. And am willing to put my work in to get to them. We will see what the future brings.

Until then, I will be the man with no machine....

0 comments: